About Me

My photo
I am a therapist in Louisville, KY USA.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Shopping: the Myth of Just the Right Gift.

Today was a day where my wife had a shopping agenda.  We were going to go to the mall and buy stuff.

We went all over the mall. It had a full parking lot and lots of people. 

In the average metropolitan shopping mall in the United States there is a lot of merchandise you can buy. They make it very attractive for you to part with your money and they offer you lots of choice . . . too much of it.

I think that one of the messages that the retailers at Christmas is that you are going to get that special person just the right gift.  You could spend hours and hours looking with all of the choices present in the mall.

Me, I still do not know what I am going to get people for Christmas. 

Today I go back to the thought that nothing is perfect.   I think it will make it easier looking for presents.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment